Cherokee Garden Club was founded in 1928 in Atlanta, Georgia. It became a member of The Garden Club of Georgia in 1928, and a member of the The Garden Club of America (GCA) in 1963. Cherokee is part of GCA's Zone VIII.
The purpose of the Club shall be to stimulate the knowledge and love of gardening and to protect, improve and restore the quality of the environment through programs and action in the fields of education, conservation and civic improvement. As members of the Garden Club of America, we share and support the advantages of association by means of open meetings, conferences, correspondence and publications.
Founded in 1913, The Garden Club of America is a volunteer, nonprofit 501(c)3 organization comprised of 200 member clubs and approximately 18,000 club members throughout the country. For more information about The Garden Club of America, click here.